Thursday, January 1, 2009

What a year

2008 was pretty intense, quite possibly the most intense year of my life. I had incredibly great things happen to me, and I had incredibly crummy things happen as well, not to mention the "eh" events. A few snippets:

-Cousin moved in w/ family
-A nice, relaxing, 4.0 four course semester
-Twenty-first birthday
-Had a rude awakening
-First advertising internship :)
-Worked with film
-Worked with child actors
-Corny confessions
-Got sick on 6th Street
-Slept in my car (not napped but slept)
-Went to campus Sunday noon, left Monday evening
-Got aforesaid movie screened at a theater
-Met someone I didn't like (Tis a rare occurrence)
-Spent two months away from home for the first time
-Bought a camcorder
-Bought a MacBook Pro
-Screwed by a car rental company
-Went to a relative's wedding
-Terrible, stressful, six course semester
-Second advertising internship :)
-Watched Texas beat OU
-Cooked eggplant parmigiana
-Directed a commercial
-Received a cease and desist order for aforesaid commercial
-Jobhunted
-Started this blog!
-Graduated from College
-Pitched in front of a client
-Met the sort of woman I'd like to marry
-Played drums on Guitar Hero for the first time

So not necessarily an interesting year, but certainly eventful. Those "What have I been doing with my life" moments occur all too often, probably due to a combo of graduating and general worriment. Maybe a New Year's Resolution will help with that, though everyday should be a day of self-improvement. Oh well, it's as good an excuse as any to set some goals in stone.

No comments: